Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Snow in Seattle!

Ooh, snow on Sunday! Hooray, snow!




It's so pretty! It's so magical!




Oh, no, snow on Monday!



Oh, no, the commute's a disaster! (It took me 1 1/2 hours to get home - usually I have a 40 minute bus ride.)



Oh, no, let's cancel school for the entire Puget Sound region!

Looking out my window, the streets are bare and dry. No ice, no snow (except on the sidewalks.) The skies are blue. So much for Snow Apocalypse 2006.

To be fair, last night was a disaster on the roads. Hundreds, maybe thousands, of cars were stranded on the icy roads. Buses were stuck in snow and ice. I saw some people on the morning news who had been on the highway for six hours trying to get home after the Seahawks game.

Mrs. B's home today - her school is southeast of Seattle, and they've probably got treacherous roads down there. But thousands of Seattleites called it a snow day today and stayed home.
Anyone who doesn't live in Seattle will laugh at this, because you can barely tell it even snowed. But honestly, I've seen these people drive in snow, and I'm grateful that they're staying off the roads. Better safe than sorry upside down in a ditch, holding your latte between your feet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He can't be walking already! Where've I been?

Sky Bluesky said...

You've been deprived, Phil. I owe you and all (five) of my readers a serious update on Oliver's progress. He's been walking since around August. Crazy, I know.