Tuesday, June 03, 2008

It's Over


TPM reports that he's a dozen delegates away from claiming the nomination.

This is an amazing moment, people. The Democratic nominee is going to be a second-generation American with an African father and a white American mother.

Barack Obama is going to be the nominee of my party.

Like my son, the nominee of the party is going to be a mixed-race kid with a funny last name.

Oliver is going to watch Barack Obama giving speeches all summer and fall. God willing, we'll see him in person again, when he comes out to Washington to stump for Darcy Burner and the other local Dems.

Barack Obama is going to be the nominee of my party. And if everything goes the way it should, Barack Obama will be the next President of the United States.

I have tears in my eyes right now.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Me too. The idea of Obama as president brings me tears of happiness -- and makes me NOT feel like moving to Canada or Europe anymore. Things will change so drastically in the world if he wins! Other countries might actually LIKE us again, and our bully mentality might actually become a thing of the past!

Carol