Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Obama '08

Barack Obama's formed a presidential exploratory committee. You can see his pre-announcement here.

I just had to restrain myself from walking into my boss' office and telling him that I'd be taking some time off to volunteer for Obama's campaign. I like Obama a lot. I like that he's a former community organizer, something that prepares anyone for talking to everyday people as if they're actual human beings. I like his optimism. I like his gentle, thoughtful speaking style. I've read his first book, "Dreams from My Father" and was impressed with what I read. I don't know if he'll be the nominee, and I have some initial concerns about some of his stances (mostly because of vagueness). But I'm excited about him, and no other candidate has gotten me genuinely excited yet.

1 comment:

Sky Bluesky said...

I couldn't agree with you more about what this country needs. We don't need another imperial leader like the current resident of the White House. We actually need someone with some level of diplomacy and grace and yes, someone who realized that we are a part of the world, not the owners of it.

I don't know if Obama's that person, but I do like what I've seen so far. I also think Bill Richardson is a better diplomat in his sleep than GW Bush is on his best day. He's probably going to run, too. I think anyone we get in 2008 will be worlds better than Bushie - that is, unless the dreaded John McCain manages to win. That won't happen.

Thanks for reading from across the pond! Hope you see snow someday out there!