Friday, July 06, 2012

TBTL Promo

So this is probably weird.

I like a) the early phase projects of Steve Reich, and b) TBTL (which, if you don't know about, go dig it.)

A few years ago, the host Luke Burbank put out an open call for intros for the show. Some of their best sound drops and intros come from their very dedicated, borderline obsessive audience. And I'm one of those obsessive types. So I fed a few lines into a text-to-speech program, put the loops into GarageBand and played around with them until I had something that sounded fun. And I came up with this.

TBTL Loops - short version

I imagine that Luke was all "hmm, this is interesting" ...


And then he was all "maybe I need to drink more to get it"


And then he was all, "nah, I still don't get it."




It's a bit odd, I'll admit. I was going for an echoey sound like what Steve Reich accomplished with pieces like "It's Gonna Rain." I was really proud of it. Hope you like it.

By the way, this is my first post on Soundcloud, but it won't be the last. I've been doing a lot of odd little projects in GarageBand, and I'm going to start sharing them. Let me know what you think.

No comments: