Thursday, September 07, 2006

Nancy Did It

Egads! Oliver's been tagged with his first meme at the tender age of 15 months. Thanks to Nancy over at Now You Listen Here for passing it on.

3 Things That Scare Me

  • Getting dropped off at daycare. Once (last week), I just ignored mommy and started playing. Now I ignore playing and just cry my head off.
  • The open spot where the elevator door opens, where it's not the floor anymore and it's not the elevator, it's just two slats of metal and open space. I fell down once here, and now that little space just freaks me out.
  • The washcloths that mommy and daddy use to clean me up after a meal. That's why I flail my hands all over the place when they come at my face. Get thee gone, evil washcloths!

3 People Who Make Me Laugh


  • Mommy
  • Daddy
  • Um ... that nice person on the flight home from Boston who played peek-a-boo with my froggy and didn't even get mad when I reached over the seat to touch her hair.

3 Things I Love


  • I love bath time. I love all my squirty toys, and I love splashing, and I love trying to throw the rinse cup at mommy or daddy when it's full of water! Wee!!
  • I love my kitty. She doesn't seem to have the same fondness for me - I try to pet her and she runs away. I try to be nice and give her one of my toys, like a car or a Lego, and she just glares at me. And then she runs away.
  • Boob. Or rather, what your people call "boob" and my mommy calls "nums." She wanted to use another word, so I wouldn't be in the middle of a supermarket and start shouting for "boob!" But I love some num-nums. When I wake up, when I go to bed, when I'm upset, when I'm just kinda feeling snuggly, nums are the best.

3 Things I Hate

  • The first two minutes of night-night. (Sometimes more.) I arch my back and yell and thrash like a crazy crazy little baby. Then the switch goes off, and I fall asleep like boom.
  • Getting my fingernails clipped. Yaaaarrrrrr! Go away! Give me my hand back! What do you think you're doing to my finger?! Here, watch me squirm out of your lap and slide onto the floor like jello, just to get away from you and your nasty nail clippers!
  • Going to daycare. See above.

3 Things I Don't Understand

  • Why daddy doesn't let me play with the electric fan.
  • Why mommy and daddy don't let me play with the cat food. What's the big deal? It's food, right?
  • What's the big deal about pulling cords? They're all over the house - why shouldn't I pull on one sometimes? Why would mommy and daddy have so many cords if I'm not supposed to play with them?

3 Things on My Changing Table

  • Changing table? I remember that. Now my folks change me on a big portable thing called a Patemm pad. They just put it down on the floor or the bed and change me there. So the stuff that's there changes all the time. But there's usually one toy to keep me distracted.
  • And a big thing of baby wipes.
  • And usually, the knee or forearm of a parent, to keep me from rolling away. It doesn't always work.

3 Things I'm doing Right Now

  • Sleeping. Like a baby. Because, hey, guess what, I'm a baby.
  • Laying in the cosleeper, which is almost so small for me that I can touch one side with my head and the other side with my feet.
  • Listening (in my sleep) to the sound machine that I've listened to since I was a wee little baby.

3 Things I (think) I Can Do

  • Walk, although sometimes I fall on my butt. One time, I fell down forward on my hands and knees, and then I fell down again and my face hit the carpet. I was really mad.
  • Pet the kitty really nicely. Sometimes I do. But sometimes, I just go whap whap whap with my hand, and then kitty gets mad.
  • Sit in big chairs, like the one in front of the computer. Really, daddy usually puts me in a big chair and then sits and waits for me to try to get down, or else maybe he's waiting for me to fall down. Anyway, he just sits there and gets real jumpy if I move at all. And if I stand up, his eyes get all big. That's fun.

3 Ways to Describe My Personality

  • I am confident and centered.
  • I'm (usually) a happy little boy.
  • I'm mischievous. That's what daddy says. He says I get a glint in my eye sometimes when I'm going to do something naughty.

3 Things I Can't Do (yet)

  • Run.
  • Face forward in the car. Mommy says we're not turning my car seat around until I'm thirty pounds, because it's safer for me.
  • Say a lot of words. Most of my words sound the same right now. "Ah." "Dah." "Dat." "Dot."

3 Things I Think You Should Listen To

3 Things I Think You Should Never Listen To

  • Kenny G
  • The lullaby Radiohead album. My daddy listened to this, and he had a look on his face like he just ate something out of the kitty's litter box.
  • The sound of me crying, especially when I just fell down and I'm really upset.

3 Absolute Favorite Foods

  • Avocado (but maybe not this week)
  • Bunnies. I like Cheddar Bunnies. I like Bunny Grahams. If they made little cheese pieces and called them Cheese Bunnies, I'd like those, too.
  • Watermelon. Mmmmm...

3 Things I'd Like to Learn

  • What's the deal with the computer? Either mommy's on it, or daddy's on it, or mommy's on it and daddy's looking over her shoulder. I never get to play on the computer.
  • Where does the water go when the drain gets pulled?
  • What's really going to happen if I eat cat food? Will I turn into a kitty? I'll find out someday. Oh, I'll find out.

3 Beverages I Drink Regularly

  • Breast milk
  • Water
  • Cow's milk (if by "drink," you mean "put the sippy cup to my lips and drink tiny tiny amounts")

3 Shows I Watched as a Kid (that would be NOW)

  • Um ... I watched some tv when I was on an airplane, but it was some movie about doggies and I couldn't hear the sound.
  • Daddy turned on the news once and I watched it for a few minutes. There was a fire at a place where some of daddy's friends lived. They were okay.
  • I liked to turn on the tv at grandpa's house in Florida. I kept watching these funny shows where they tried to sell stuff like kitchen equipment and jewelry. And then daddy would turn the tv off. Mean daddy.
  • P.S. I watch some tv at daycare, but mommy and daddy say they don't like to think about it.

4 Babies I will tag

Bea

BabyPowers

Quandong

Shaughnie

No comments: