Friday, March 10, 2006

Five + Five Friday: Introspection

I've started a Friday tradition, the five + five lists, and I'm very close to blowing it in the second week of its inception. The point of starting a Friday tradition is for force me to post at least once a week. Not to whine too much, but sometimes it's hard just to remember to do one little post every so often. Plus, the baby. Plus, keeping up with the house. As Joss Whedon said, "Et cetera, et cetera, suffering, blah, blah, blah." So, for the sake of keeping the grand tradition alive, here's my somewhat introspective Five + Five:

Five Excuses I'll Give for Not Posting At Least Once in a Week:
  1. The Mariners are in the World Series. I'm too busy celebrating to get anything done.
  2. I've got a real job now, and it's too much work to keep up with the blog.
  3. There was a freak snowstorm in Seattle, taking down all the power lines and bringing the city to a halt.
  4. I've got too many things to say about the baby, and I couldn't decide which to blog about first.
  5. I've decided the blog is a big waste of time, and I'm going to conserve my energy to work on my first novel.
Five Actual Reasons I Couldn't Post At Least Once in a Week:
  1. The Mariners are in the World Series. I'm too busy preparing for the inevitable disappointment when they lose in shameful fashion.
  2. I've got a real job now, and I'm too depressed to blog.
  3. There was a freak snowstorm in Seattle, dumping 1/2 inch of snow on the ground. The city was brought to a halt, but I hung around the house, lit a fire, took pictures, let the baby catch snow on his tongue, and just forgot about the blog.
  4. If I turn on the computer for five minutes, the baby thinks I'm ignoring him and starts wailing.
  5. I was too busy wasting time surfing around BoingBoing and other anti-productive sites, and forgot to post anything.

No comments: